8.03.2014

July Favorites

     Is it really already August? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE GUYS? I’m honestly not sure, but I’m slowly coming to terms with the fact that another summer’s almost over and I still haven’t figured out a way to take my so-pale-it-glows skin to a gorgeous sun-kissed tan. Oh well. There’s always next year (and my deluded imagination). 
     Despite the lack of summer pigment in my skin, July was an awesome month for me. I started off the month by doing my first ever juice cleanse- for 6 days. Some moments were definitely better than others, but overall, it was a great experience that left me feeling physically optimal and mentally accomplished. 

     And now, I have a confession to make. I used to be a bit of a hoarder. No- I didn’t hold onto actual garbage or animal carcasses or anything like that- I just liked to collect little odds and ends that didn’t necessarily have any use or real meaning in my life. Not anymore. Over the past few years I’ve went through a huge purging phase and got rid of pretty much everything that isn’t useful to me in one way or another. And I must say, throwing things out can be quite addictive once you get started. Be careful.
     But the one thing I was holding onto were my clothes. I knew I needed to go through my closet and get rid of a lot of things, but for some reason, I always found an excuse to put it off. Which brings me to my next July favorite: purging my closet. I’m not talking a trash bag or two, either. I literally had piles and piles of clothing items that I’ve been holding onto since middle school. I know. It’s shameful. But they’re gone now, which left my closet quite bare. 



     So I went shopping. Since Victoria’s Secret was having their semi-annual sale I decided to buy a pair of leopard print leggings that I found for $7.99. I’ve actually never owned a nice pair of leggings before, so once I put those bad boys on, I immediately knew I was gonna have to buy some more. How come no one ever told me how comfortable yet chic leggings can be? Once I discovered this, the next logical move was to go on their website and buy 4 more pairs. No regrets. I’m absolutely loving my Victoria’s Secret leggings and am already making plans to buy more in the future. 


     Chris and I also took a trip to T.J. Maxx to try to find some deals. I found some adorable Betsey Johnson earrings and a pair of Sam Edelman sandals that haven’t left my feet since I bought them. Ok, they have, but you know what I mean. I didn’t anticipate liking them as much as I do, to be honest. But there is something about them that I find very wearable. They go with pretty much everything, and they are quite casual since they are a flip flop, yet there is still something a little bit classy about them. 


     We also got majorly sucked into a new show last month. If you haven’t watched Orange is the New Black yet, you really ought to. The writing is phenomenal, and the story in general really pulls you in. It’s based on a true story, which I’m sure is highly embellished for television. But nonetheless, it adds a dimension that a lot of other shows couldn’t compete with. Seriously. Just go watch it. 


     A few months ago I decided to buy a Groupon for a manicure with gel polish. One of my coworkers gets gel manicures all the time, and was always raving about how long the color lasts without chipping. She was right. Wow. I never would have imagined being able to squeeze 3 weeks out of a manicure, but I’m telling you, that gel polish isn’t budging. The only reason you even need to get a new one after that long is because you start to see a lot of nail regrowth. I found a nail salon 5 minutes from my house that does gel manicures for $22, so now I’m pretty hooked. Nothing makes me feel instantly more girly and glamorous than having a manicure.


     It really was a good month filled with a lot of new discoveries. I have a few trips planned for August and September, so while I’m sad to see July go, I’m looking forward to the next few months. What were your favorite things about July? 

1 comment

  1. In case you want to grow natural and healthy hair please visit my blog, i'm just beginning but it would mean a lot! Thank you!!! Kisses from Barcelona!
    http://hairtohips.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete