8.31.2014

Immunity Boosting Juice Recipe

     Ever since I started including ginger root and lemon in my daily diet, I very rarely get sick. And when I do, it’s always minor and short-lived. But every now and then, I get the feeling that my body is working extra hard to fight off sickness. I’m much more tired than usual, I wake up with a scratchy throat, and I’m generally a little bit weaker. 
     This was one of those weeks. I started feeling slightly under the weather at the beginning of the week and ended up going to bed around 8:30pm. After two more nights of 10 hours of sleep I still felt exhausted, so I was convinced that my immune system was working overtime. 
     When you feel a cold coming on, it’s best to keep your body extremely hydrated and loaded up on nutrients that will give your immune system the boost that it needs to fight sickness. In general, drinking tons of water and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables will do the trick. Here’s a juice that will pack in everything you need to get your immune system on the right track. 


What You’ll Need: 

-1/2 Cup Pure Coconut Water
     *Benefit: Hydration
-1-2 Knobs Fresh Ginger Root
     *Benefit: Minimizes Congestion
-1 Lemon 
     *Benefit: High in Vitamin C
-2 Oranges
     *Benefit: High in Vitamin C
-1 Cup Cucumber 
     *Benefit: Hydration
-1 Cup Collard Greens
     *Benefit: Anti-Bacterial & Anti-Viral
-2 Cups Kale
     *Benefit: High in Vitamins C & K

1. Pour coconut water into your glass with a few ice cubes and place at the base of your juicer. 
2. Juice your greens first. Greens aren’t always easy to extract juice from, so I always juice them first so every bit of juice will eventually get extracted from them as I juice my other ingredients. 
3. Juice your ginger, lemon, oranges, and cucumber. I would recommend peeling everything, unless you’ve bought organic produce and you have a very heavy duty juicer. 
4. Stir and enjoy! 


     When you’re feeling sick, I would recommend drinking this once a day until you’re 100% again. And to keep your immune system on point year-round, add ginger and lemon to your daily diet. You will be amazed at what a difference it makes to your overall health. 

No comments

Post a Comment