6.10.2014

Chocolate Protein Milkshake

     

     I’ve never been a big dessert person. After all, I did choose mashed potatoes over cookies and cake as a kid. To this day I’d rather load up on an extra serving of carbs than indulge in an after-dinner treat. But there is one dessert that I can rarely turn down.
     Growing up, my mom used to make us the easiest, most delicious chocolate shakes you can imagine. The simplicity of them seems ridiculous for how amazing they tasted. All you needed was vanilla ice cream, nesquik, milk, and a blender. With the summer months finally here, I decided to try to come up with a lighter version of my favorite dessert- and boy, did it work out well. Get ready guys, this is a good one. 

What you’ll need for 1 serving: 

1/2 Cup Chocolate Greek Yogurt Ice Cream 
1/2 Cup Skim Milk 
1.5 Tablespoons Whey Protein Powder
3-4 Ice Cubes

Calories: 255
Total fat: 4 grams
Protein: 23 grams 

      If ever there was a treat worth breaking out the blender for, this is the one. For this recipe I used chocolate peanut butter protein powder, but I would bet chocolate or vanilla would work just as well. You can also easily modify this to suit your current cravings by adding frozen bananas, or even peanut butter. 
     Did I mention this shake is only 255 calories? That’s right. AND it only has 4 grams of fat and contains a whopping 23 grams of protein. When you compare that to McDonald’s small chocolate shake, coming in at 560 calories, 16 grams of fat and only 12 grams of protein, the choice seems simple. 
      Ok guys, time to stop drooling. Just go make one for yourself! You won't regret it. 
Go on, now. 

No comments

Post a Comment