6.12.2014

Boyfriend Fajitas

 I think it's true that food always tastes better when someone else cooks it for you. There's something about sitting back and watching someone else sweat over a hot stove that takes me from "sure, I could eat" to "give me something NOW" in a split second. Chris and I almost always cook dinner together anyways, so the burden of preparing a tasty meal is usually shared. But once in a while, Chris will whip up some crave-worthy fajitas all on his own. 
     I wouldn't dare try to help because, as I always explain to him, he's simply too good at making them and I don't want to screw anything up. 
     This recipe is a great one to keep in your arsenal because it's not only easy and quick to make, but it also contains only a few ingredients, that we often already have on hand. You can make these as basic or fancy as you want. But I will say, I like mine best with a little guacamole and light sour cream. Usually I'm all about cheese, but these are already so flavorful, I find they really don't need it. 


What you'll need to serve 2-3:
-5 chicken breast tenderloins, cut into 1” strips
-2 cups of diced bell peppers
-1 yellow onion, diced
-2 tablespoons of apple juice
-2 tablespoons of soy sauce
-1 packet of fajita seasoning 
-whole wheat tortilla shells 
-1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil

Extras: 
-guacamole
-light sour cream
-salsa

1. Heat oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. 
2. Add chicken, and cook until no pink remains.
3. Drain and set chicken aside. 
4. Over same heat, cook veggies over medium-high heat, 5-6 minutes. 
5. Return chicken to pan and add soy sauce, apple juice, and fajita seasoning. 
6. Mix well and cook for 2-3 more minutes. 
7. Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings! 



No comments

Post a Comment