5.31.2014

Trader Joe's Hashbrowns Review

     I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite things about the weekend is having time to cook a proper breakfast. I still wake up quite early because my internal clock won’t have it any other way, but it’s nice to be able to leisurely prepare a meal, without having to scarf it down before rushing out the door. 
     
     Yesterday at Trader Joe’s we spotted these hashbrowns in the freezer section. Ten pieces for $1.99? Into the cart they went. Now, I know hashbrowns aren’t exactly the healthiest food on the planet. But I would bet that making your own at home with just a few tablespoons of olive oil beats the deep-fried ones they sell at McDonald’s. And I kid you not, they taste exactly the same. Each hashbrown is 130 calories and contains 8 grams of fat. So, while it’s certainly not the lightest thing you could eat, it’s not terrifying either. 


     Pair it with a few eggs and some morning star sausage, and your breakfast still comes in at under 500 calories, and is guaranteed to keep you full for several hours. 


No comments

Post a Comment