5.08.2014

My Top 3 Hair Masks

     There’s nothing I like better than a good at-home  spa night. Well, other than lists. I love lists. Regardless, it’s not a true spa experience without including at least three "treatments.” Does scraping my heels with a pumice stone until they’re raw count as a treatment? I think it does. 

     As far as at-home treatments go, hair masks are always at the top of my list. I’ve tried quite a few over the years in an attempt to permanently calm my naturally course and unruly hair. 

     I’m not gonna promise miracles, people. We all were born with a certain type of hair and no product is going to magically turn someone with thick and frizzy hair into Avril Lavigne. But, with regular use, these masks do come pretty close. 


     
     Coming in third is the “L’oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm.” That’s a mouthful. This stuff is only $7 and it will make your hair feel silky smooth the day after you use it. I have a lot of hair so I like to really glob it on, and at this price, I feel like I can do that. I definitely recommend this product if you’re looking for a drugstore hair mask. 



     Next is the “Macadamia Deep Repair Masque.” I fell for all the Internet hype around this mask and I was not disappointed. This is some good stuff. The best part is, your hair will not only feel amazing for days after you use it, but it will smell like pure heaven. It’s much more pricey, coming in at around $30, but it really makes you feel like you’re pampering yourself.  



     But, when all is said and done, nothing can compare to the “Amika Nourishing Mask.” I first tried this product when I got a sample of it in my Birchbox. I loved it so much that I saved up my Birchbox points to purchase the full size. And this thing is HUGE. I’ve had it for almost two years and I use it at least once a month. Your hair has never been softer. 

7 comments

  1. greasy hands make hair greasy.

    But in all seriousness, can i find macadamia in stores?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. anywhere from $12-$35, depending on the size

      Delete