5.13.2014

First Impressions: Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder

     I’ve never been one to wear foundation. I’m of the mindset that it’s better to just deal with exposing my occassional breakouts to the world than to cover them up and further clog my pores with lots of face makeup. However, I recently discovered that a little bit of powder applied in the t-zone can really keep oil at bay throughout the day. 

     I have combination skin and by the middle of the day my forehead can get kinda greasy. I started using Rimmel’s “Stay Matte” powder on my t-zone and it worked wonders to keep my face from looking shiny. But there was one big problem- this stuff broke me out like crazy. I’m talking painful and very swollen acne. I’ve heard before that talc in makeup products can cause you to breakout, so I checked to see if this powder had any in it. Sure enough, it’s the main ingredient. 



     Last week I picked up Maybelline’s “Dream Wonder Powder” for $7.99 at Target. It doesn’t contain any talc and I was able to find a color that matched my skin tone even better than the Rimmel powder. So far, it hasn’t caused any skin issues and it does the job of keeping my skin from looking shiny. I apply it with my “Real Techniques” powder brush. You only need to lightly tap your brush in the powder, as a little bit goes a long way. 

     Although it’s too early to say if it’s a definite favorite, I have a feeling this powder is going to be a staple in my summer makeup routine. 

No comments

Post a Comment