5.25.2014

Crazy for Coral

     

      Over the past few months I’ve developed a bit of an obsession with the color coral. I don’t know how it started, or if it will ever end, but one day I realized that every lip product I had purchased in the last month had a soft orange tone to it. 
     If you’ve never given coral a go in your makeup routine, I would highly recommend it. It works great with many different skin tones (even mine, which is ghostly white), and it compliments each hair color in a unique and stunning way. It’s quite wearable, but can easily be exaggerated using more pigmented products. It’s the perfect color for summer, but I suspect I’ll keep it around well into the colder months. 

Here’s what I’ve been loving: 

1. Urban Outfitters Nail Polish Polish in “Love Letter.” I’m not going to lie to you- the formula of this polish is nothing to write home about. It’s actually quite difficult work with, especially for someone who already struggles with painting their own nails. But, the color makes it worth the extra effort. I mean, just look at it. Have you ever seen a more beautiful, fluorescent, neon coral before? I haven’t. 
2. Nars Nail Polish in “Super Orgasm.” While the name of this color might be a bit ridiculous, the polish itself is lovely. The gold flecks in it make it feel fun and glamorous. And, it matches perfectly with my next favorite. 
E.L.F. "Candid Coral" and Nars "Super Orgasm"
3. Nars Blush in “Super Orgasm.” I got these two in a set because I heard so many rave reviews about this blush. I’ve gotta say, it definitely lives up to the hype. It is a gorgeous coral with just the right amount of sparkle for a night out, or a day in the sun. 
4. E.L.F. Blush in “Candid Coral.” This is one of the first coral makeup products I ever purchased, and I was shocked to see how much it brightens up your complexion. I’m someone who almost always goes for a dusty rose in blushes, but this blush gives a totally different effect that I absolutely love. 
Katie, Mischievous, Pango Peach, Creamsicle, and Cantaloupe
5. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in “Mischievous.” When I first saw this, I knew that I wanted it. But, to be completely honest, I thought it was probably going to be a little too bright for me. I usually wear pretty simple, natural-looking makeup, and in the tube this seems quite opaque. It is brighter than I would normally go, but with the right outfit I think this looks great. 
6. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in “Creamsicle.” This is one of my all-time favorite lip products. It is the perfect nude for my complexion. Most nudes tend to wash me out, but this one actually has a way of making me look more awake. You can top this with different glosses to get different effects each time you wear it. 
7. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in “Pango Peach.” This is like Nars “Super Orgasm” in the form of a lip gloss. It has tiny little gold sparkles in it, that give it a little something extra, without being too much. 
8. Buxom Lip Gloss in “Katie.” This gloss is much more sticky than I normally prefer, but I’ve gotta say, all that stickiness sure does make it last a long time. As an added bonus, this light coral works great as an everyday lip color. 
9. Almay Liquid Lip Balm in “Cantaloupe.” Now, in general, I haven't had the best of luck with Almay products. They are nearly always a disappointment, and end up feeling like a waste of money. However, I can’t get enough of this lip gloss. First of all, it smells like vanilla. That fact alone makes me wanna slather it all over my lips. But it’s also a beautiful, and surprisingly pigmented gloss that has great staying power.
What coral products are you loving this summer? 

No comments

Post a Comment