5.16.2014

Almay Eye Makeup Remover Review

     


     I'm not a big fan of waterproof makeup. It's not that I don't enjoy the amazing staying power it offers- it's just that I deeply despise taking it off. I simply don't have the patience for it. For this reason, I generally reserve my waterproof makeup for special occasions...or trips to the water park. So, taking my makeup off has always been fairly straightforward, and I've never had to think too much about which makeup remover to purchase. 

     I learned the hard way that not all makeup removers are created equal. I recently picked up several Almay eye makeup removers because of a crazy coupon deal. When I say crazy, I really mean it. I got 7 sets of eye makeup remover pads and 1 liquid eye makeup remover for less than $2! You see why I couldn't resist, right? I had never really heard anything about them before so I knew I was taking a slight risk. But, I figured that for $2 for the whole lot, it was worth a shot. 

     I couldn't have been more wrong.  

     Where do I begin? Let's talk about the liquid eye makeup remover first. Even though I found this to be the most effective out of the bunch at removing makeup, its claim to be a "gentle" remover couldn't be further from the truth. This stuff burns terribly and it doesn't even work very well. I feel like I really have to tug on my eye to get everything off, and 3 or 4 cotton balls later, I still see traces of makeup on my eyes. They’re mediocre, at best. 

     The pads are even worse. 

     I bought a pack of the pads designed to remove waterproof makeup for those occasions that I do decide to break out my waterproof mascara. I recently used one and thoroughly hated the experience. Aside from the fact that they don't remove makeup very well, they leave a greasy and oily feeling around your eyes after you use them that doesn't go away without some serious washing. 

     The pads designed for regular makeup are going in my trash can- and I have 4 containers that haven't even been opened. Enough said. 

     Save your money, folks. Go for an eye makeup remover that will actually work and won’t sting like the dickens when you use it. Even store brand eye makeup removers such as CVS and equate work infinitely better. 


2 comments

  1. I totally hear you on this so I don't really try to take mine off anymore. Since it is waterproof it doesn't get on my pillow. I leave mascara until my morning shower. Soap and water takes off most of it as I'm showering. Whatever remains on comes off pretty well with one pad from Harmon Face Values make up remover. I get it at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Very inexpensive. As a bonus, my eyes are well defined nearly around the clock! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that stuff out. Sounds right up my alley!

      Delete